Monday, November 28, 2011

Sharon talks on move to TV5, declines to be drawn into KC-Piolo issue 27-Nov-11, 3:42 PM | InterAksyon.com



Sharon Cuneta, up close and personal after her interview with Cristy Fermin on Saturday night. BERNARD TESTA
 
MANILA, Philippines – Admitting she agonized over her decision to leave a network that was like home for over two decades, megastar Sharon Cuneta said on Sunday she was certain and happy about her move to the Kapatid Network, because it came at just the time in her life when she was ready for, and needed, a big change.
“I prayed hard for it [the move to TV5], and I’d admit there were times I’d cry as I agonized during the negotiations. But I’m very pleased with my decision, and I’m raring to get down to work,” she told Paparazzi host Cristy Fermin, in an exclusive interview conducted mostly in Filipino.
In the same interview, she declined to be drawn into the details of the reported breakup of daughter KC Concepcion and actor Piolo Pascual, but appealed to people to “respect” her daughter’s feelings and privacy.
She acknowledged that since KC and Piolo had “shared” with the public their relationship from the start, it was inevitable that its problems would also be treated relentlessly in the media.
Still, she said, reacting to reports that KC had cried several times in interviews, that she hoped people would be careful in handling her daughter.
Hiniling ko lang na respetuhin nila si KC. Hindi ako yung tipong maninira ng kapuwa. Anumang pinagsamahan nila, di ako maninira [I only ask that my daughter be treated with respect. I’m not the type who will deliberately ruin anyone’s reputation. They shared a relationship, after all].”
In fairness to Piolo, she said, “he worked hard for what he is now, adding that after all, “my daughter was old enough when she went into this relationship; she didn’t go in blind.”
She declined to comment on Cristy’s mention of insinuations about Piolo’s sexuality.
This prompted Paparazzi co-host Ruffa Gutierrez to say, “the Megastar is really a class act, she doesn’t like to hurt anyone deliberately.”
Sharon is “the only megastar you can reach,” added Ruffa.
Timing clinched the deal
On her move from the Kapamilya (ABS-CBN) network to TV5, Sharon told Cristy Fermin, “No one can erase my love for my old network, [that’s] 23 years of my life. But the timing was the big [factor]. I was ready for big changes, now here comes a solid offer,” explained the megastar.
“I cried several times before and after the signing [of a five-year contract last November 22], but I don’t wanna give impression I’m sad on moving. I’m happy. I really am.”
She said the details of the TV5 contract provided her with “the kind of freedom I was looking for . . . in terms of artistic, creative control.”
She said it didn’t seem in good taste “to confirm or deny the amount” of the contract—bruited about as P1 billion, the highest ever for any local contract star---but stressed that “whatever the amount, it’s not it per se” because what was important to her, at bottom, was what the offer meant: “Naniniwala sila sa akin [They believe in me].”

No comments:

Post a Comment