Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sam says he won’t give up ‘first love’



MANILA, Philippines – Actor Sam Milby said he will never give up his first love – music.
“Music talaga ang forever first love ko, so that’s one thing I would never give up. I enjoy singing, kahit may stage fright ako kapag nagpe-perform,” Milby said in an interview with Push.com.ph.
Milby admitted he lost a little bit of his musical side when he started acting.
He, however, revealed he is glad to be back in the music scene after he released his third solo album “Be Mine,” which includes an original composition, “Push Me Away.”
According to Milby, he wants people too see him not just an actor, but also as a musician.
“There’s a lot of artists that are not songwriters. Pero yung song (Push Me Away) na yun, ako mismo ang gumawa ng melody at lyrics two years ago. So I hope kahit papaano, people still look at me as a musician, hindi lang as an actor,” he said.
“Si Yeng, nakita ko siya puwede siya maggitara at gumawa ng song on the spot, ako hindi talaga. Yung ‘Pushing Me Away’ bigla ko lang naisip habang naglalakad ako sa harap ng library sa New York. Then when I got home, I tried it with the guitar. Mas madali sa akin magsulat ng song kapag malungkot ako or heartbroken or medyo may galit or bitterness,” Milby added.
Asked if he has a special someone whom he draws inspiration from in writing songs, Milby said: “Anne was still my last (girlfriend). I’d like to have someone special. But when I fall in love and have a girlfriend, gusto ko nakikita ko yung sarili ko sa kanya for long term, and I haven’t found a girl na ganon.”



Posted at 10/13/2011 5:49 PM | Updated as of 10/13/2011 5:49 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment