Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sam Milby pursues his Hollywood dream

Sam Milby (Marlo Cueto, NPPA Images)
Sam Milby (Marlo Cueto, NPPA Images)


Sam Milby is seriously pursuing his Hollywood dream. He will leave for the US on Saturday, October 8, to meet with network executives and agencies regarding  auditions he went through early this year.  The meeting is set on Monday, October 10.


Even if Sam lands the role, he promises he won’t leave local showbiz.


“If ever matanggap ako doon, it will just be for three to six months. So it’s not like mananatili ako doon. Balak ko na magre-renew ng contract,” Sam said at the pocket press conference of his new album “Be Mine,” at Rai Rai Ken in Quezon City on Friday, October 7.


Hollywood has always been Sam’s big dream.


“Yun ang pangarap ko na makarating sa Hollywood. It looks promising. I’m just really hopeful. Kung sakaling may work dun, next year pa naman. So, tapos na ang `Alta’ and yung movie ko,” Sam added.
He shared that he will have four meetings in the US, three of which are with agencies, regarding the part he auditioned for early this year.


Things look promising for Sam. The final casting for the role he auditioned for is now a choice between him and a Korean actor.


“I did audition for one of the biggest networks over there, and it was just down to two of us. Korean yung isa because the network is looking for an Asian-looking (actor),” Sam said.
According to Sam, the network executives are helping him out with the auditions.


How did he meet these network executives?


“They were looking for Asians. Nanuod sila ng Star Magic Tour sa L.A. And then in New York, they asked me to come back and do auditions,” Sam answered.
Although nothing is certain yet,  Sam is hopeful he will land the role.


“It’s promising naman and they’re (networks) the ones helping me out. They gave me a script and recorded me for the audition,” he added.


Sam  is also scheduled to perform at the Pinoy Music Festival at Six Flags Magic Mountain theme park.


He added that he wants to take a chance and pursue his dreams instead of regretting not doing it later on.


“Ayoko na pag matanda na ako, iisipin ko, 'What if?' I have a good feeling and it's hopeful naman,” he said.


Sam idolizes Sean Penn, Leonardo di Caprio and Edward Norton.


“I like to follow in their footsteps, but they started out young. It has always been my dream ever since I started in showbiz,” Sam said.


“Glee” audition


Sam admitted he  sent a video audition to the TV musical “Glee”  just for fun. He uploaded his video on MySpace and sang “Lean on Me” by Bill Withers.


“Medyo it’s just for fun lang eh. Narinig ko na may audition sa Myspace. It was the last few hours na pwedeng mag-audition. So, nag-audition ako,” Sam said.


Not many people know that Sam almost clinched a role in “Glee.”


“What I didn’t say was I was final-casted. I got an email saying, ‘You were chosen to be on the show, just fill out the form, etcetera.’ I eventually did but I never got a call. So, it was nice naman kasi you know how many who auditioned,” he said.


“Be Mine” album


It’s been three years since Sam released his second album.  His third, the newly-launched “Be Mine” (Star Records) has  “Hindi Kita Iiwan” as  carrier single. Sam also revived  “And I Love You So” and “All My Life” and movie soundtracks of the same title. 


“I’m very excited about this album because I go back to my first love, which is singing,” Sam said.


Since his album title is “Be Mine,” the press asked him who he is directing those words to.


“Kung sino ang babaeng nakalaan para sa akin,” Sam said in jest.


It’s been years since his last relationship but Sam shared  he’s not in a hurry to love again.


“I’m still searching, I’m still waiting more likely. Hindi naman ako nagmamadali. I’m still young. Wala pa naman akong planong magpakasal at this age. I’m looking for the long term,” Sam said.


Sam Milby pursues his Hollywood dream - Yahoo! OMG! Philippines











No comments:

Post a Comment