Friday, October 21, 2011

KC Concepcion takes on first mother role in 'MMK'



Actress KC Concepcion

MANILA, Philippines - Actress KC Concepcion will be playing the role of a wife and mother for the first time in the "period" episode of “Maalaala Mo Kaya (MMK)” airing on Saturday (October 22), as part of the show's month-long 20th anniversary celebration.
Concepcion will also be working for the first time with newest Kapamilya star Paulo Avelino, who will play her husband Romy.
In the MMK episide, Concepcion plays Aurora, a strong-willed woman who stood by the man she loved and worked hard to fulfill her dreams for her family.
In an interview, Avelino praised Concepcion's work as an actress and her personality as an individual.
Avelino said that it was a surprise for him to find out that he will be working with the daughter of Megastar Sharon Cuneta.
"So when I learned that KC Concepcion is the lead star, I carefully studied the script and really prepared for all our scenes,” said Avelino. “Before I met KC, I thought she was ‘unreachable’ because she is the ‘Mega Daughter.' But when I got to work with her, I learned that she is easy to get along with. For three days during our taping, laughing at random jokes became our ‘bonding moment in the set,” Avelino said.
The newbie Kapamilya, also expressed his appreciation that he was given the chance to be part of MMK's 20th anniversary shows, which are hosted by Charo Santos-Concio.
“I’m a fan of MMK since I was a kid. So it’s a great privilege that now I can say that I’ve been part of the show that I grew up watching,” he said.
Also starring Dina Bonnevie, Johnny Revilla, Vangie Labalan, and Nanding Josef, this week's MMK episode chronicles the life story of a woman who empowered herself by making her dreams happen.
Directed by Jerry Lopez Sineneng and written by Rose Colindres, MMK's "period story" airs this Saturday after “Junior Master Chef Pinoy Edition.”




No comments:

Post a Comment